• Flash Programmer.
• 50 State Legal.
• Billet polished or black hard anodized.
• Whisper quiet. No gear growl or clatter.
• 650HP @ 8 psi. Up to 1200HP @ 23 psi.*
• Oil dipstick. No sight glass to discolor or stain.
• Huge HP potentioal. 2.8L (1200HP), 3.6L (1500HP).*
• Step by step easy to read installation instructions.
• 4x6 lobe male-female rotors. Others use 3x5 or 4x4 rotors.
• Optional LC (Liquid Cooled) for higher boost levels.
• Integral intercooler (no external pipes, fittings, etc.).
• INSTANT BOOST (optimum acceleration at ANY rpm).
• Bypass valve air is AFTER intercooler (cooler & denser air).
• Proven design concept. Rear inlet / highest HP/inlet system.
• Easy & economical to upgrade supercharger and/or throttle body.
• Optional 148mm or 168mm (fits same manifold).
• Big efficient Kenne Bell “Dual Pass” 1400HP intercooler and heat exchangers.
• Clean OEM look. No underhood exposed intercooler, piping or “hot air” filters.
• Exposed retro/OEM top mount - front facing design (supercharger runs cooler).
• 6 rib belt system to 16psi with 7.5" crank pulley. Optional 8 rib required on 16-23 psi.
• Billet Twin Screw Supercharger (lower power consumption & coolest air charge temp).
• “Rear” induction for maximum air flow to supercharger (BOTH rotors open to manifold).
• Kenne Bell designed, tested & tuned on supercharger dyno, chassis dyno & flow bench.
• External Cool Air Filter behind front bumper (no underhood hot air filter or box to rob HP).
• Big 4.5” (112mm) x 4' long Ram Air Pipe with MAMMOTH™ Inlet components. 1200HP rated.
• MAMMOTH™ Inlet Manifold accepts stock, 90mm, KB Dual 75 or KB Big Oval Throttle Body.
• Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP™, fuel system & 60lb injectors supports up to 700RWHP/823EHP.
*See Tech Tips. Depends on engine size, components (cast or forged), modifications, boost, fuel octane, etc.
NOTE: ANY DODGE SHOULD BE DYNO TESTED WITH THE HOOD CLOSED - LIKE THE CAR IS DRIVEN.
ALL KENNE BELL DYNO TESTS WERE WITH HOOD “CLOSED.” “OPEN” HOOD TESTING ELIMINATES THE HOT AIR TO UNDERHOOD FILTERS AND OVER RATES DYNO HP NUMBERS (1% POWER LOSS FOR EVERY 10° ABOVE AMBIENT) UP TO 30HP.
• 50 State Legal 9 psi vs. 7 psi for the competition. Think 2 psi makes a HP difference?
• 2.8 Twin Screw (optional 3.6, 4.2) vs. little 2.3 TVS.
• +30HP ìstandardî MAMMOTHô 4.5î Inlet System.* No boost loss.
• Saves $800. Others retain boost robbing stock filter box with a K&N).
• Huge rear inlet design (1850 cfm) vs. smaller more restrictive front inlet (744 cfm).
• Short high flow - high rpm manifold runners vs. long power robbing runners.
• Accepts larger throttle body without machining manifold.
• No driveshaft in inlet manifold to restrict flow.
• Cooler exposed supercharger. They wonít mistake it for an intake ìmanifold.î
• Patent Pending LC (Liquid Cooled) optional.
• Patent Pending External Spring Bypass Valve.
• Patent Pending Seal Pressure Equalizer.
• More room to grow.
* The higher the engine HP, the greater the inlet restriction. Expect 50+ HP difference at elevated HP level.
6.1 vs. 5.7 - The only drawback is the factory 5700 rpm rev limiter with the VCT cam. 6.1 is 6300 and can therefore make more peak HP. ë09 5.7 has better flowing Eagle heads.
6.1 vs. 5.7 KB HP COMPARISONS - We compared our standard 8 psi 5.7 and 6.1 kit HP. The stock HP difference between the new 6.1 (425) and 5.7 (379) is 46HP. The KB 5.7 kit replaces the more restrictive 5.7 manifold reducing the supercharged gap to approx. 40HP. Subtract 40HP from the above HP data. And we replace the stock filter box so as to not restrict the whopping 50%+ air flow and HP increase from the supercharger. Also, the 5.7 will make more HP if revved to the same rpm as the 6.1.
We incorporated all the industry leading Kenne Bell Twin Screw MAMMOTH™ technology into our new Hemi Kits. And we built in plenty of room to grow. This resulted in the most powerful, highest HP potential kits available for the Hemi - the same basic 2.8L kit design chosen by Shelby for their 725HP and 800HP Super Snake, Mr. Norm for his 650HP Cuda Challenger, and RPO for their 650, 850 and 1000HP Camaros. The three most powerful production musclecars ever. With a Kenne Bell Kit, your Hemi engine will suck in ONLY cool, dense, power enhancing air from the unique Kenne Bell inlet filter located behind the front bumper vs. "under the hot hood" filters. Just like the Hemi’s scoops of the ‘60’s and ‘70’s. And you won’t get sleepy or hungry waiting for the boost to spool up as the supercharger doesn’t rely on engine speed to increase boost as with centrifugals and turbos.
Note: At 700HP, the injectors and engine internals should be upgraded but no costly supercharger, manifolds, etc. replacement is necessary. Just add our larger 1880 cfm throttle body (stock is 924 cfm).
To illustrate the HP potential and just how efficient our MAMMOTH™ Rear Inlet System and 2.8H really is (no guesstimating, estimating or theorizing), we designed this gargantuan dual 4” pipe manifold with 100mm throttle bodies for off road, street rods and dyno testing. Results: The basic 8 psi kit MAMMOTH™ manifold with a single 4-1/2”/dual throttle body made near identical HP to the Ram Horn at the 1000HP level. And we were running the FULL MAMMOTH INLET SYSTEM i.e. Filter, 4.5 “Ram Air Pipe and Rear Inlet Manifold. We actually LOST HP when the Filter and Ram Air Pipe was removed. Enough said about who’s inlet concept works best and flows the most air?
This info is intended to help our customers make more intelligent decisions and avoid common mistakes. All dyno tests on Kenne Bell Dynojet. These are not estimates or heresay numbers “bloated” by headers, strokers etc. Note: Actual RWHP on other dynos will depend on many factors (see Dyno Test Variables and Air Fuel Ratio Readings - The Pitfalls & Problems).
1. 11.5 AFR and optimum spark (22°) was used so as to eliminate variables. 1° spark = 4 HP.
2. 93 octane allows boost to be increased 1 psi (+20HP) via a 1/8” smaller supercharger pulley (3-3/8” vs. 3-1/2”).
3. Manual trans cars make 15 more RWHP than the automatics at 500RWHP level. Manual trans makes most HP in 4th. Auto trans 3rd gear.
4. To determine engine HP, divide RWHP by .85. Example: 520RWHP ÷ .85 = 611.
5. Kenne Bell Kits are factory tuned with OEM grade equipment. Custom tuning not necessary or recommended unless kit is altered or modified.
7. NEVER have your car’s air fuel ratio checked with any device other than the AFM1000, HORIBA or ETAS. Other devices can be off by 1-2 points. Sorry, we cannot accept data from any other AF devices.
8. Competition pulleys are available in 3-3/8” (9 psi), 3-1/4” (10 psi), 3-1/8” (11 psi) and 3” (12 psi). Standard is 3-1/2” (8 psi). 7.5” crank pulley with 3” is 15 psi.
9. 8 rib system available for higher boost (+15 psi) applications.
10. Recommended spark plugs - NGK-4306.
11. Recommended octane booster - Torco Accelerator. Good for +7 octane. See “Jim Bell’s Supercharged/Turbocharged Performance Guide.” Buy 5 gallon container ($135) for best value. $7 per 20 gallons or .35/gallon.
12. Our dyno tests indicated “0” HP gain with cat backs. Even removing entire cat back was “0” HP. Dodge exhaust is very efficient.
13. Yea, yea, we know. The stock pistons are weak. But they DO hold 16+ psi for drag strip use IF YOU DON’T DETONATE the engine. Forged pistons will also fail under detonation. As with any engine, JUST DON’T LET IT KNOCK! Know your tuner if you play with boost.
14. Octane? “It never hurts to run more.”
FUEL SYSTEM - Kenne Bell 17V BOOST-A-PUMP™ and 60lb injectors included in all kits. Good for 650RWHP with stock pump. Use 20V BOOST-A-PUMP™ with 70-80lb injectors and stock pump for up to 765RWHP. ST Motorsports test car made 765RWHP (900 engine HP) @ 20 psi with 100% stock motor and car using 20V BOOST-A-PUMP™ and 80lb injectors. Still believe you need 2 pumps, bigger pumps and larger lines on your Dodge?
EXHAUST - The Magnaflow cat back came out on top in our dyno testing. Even our 7.0L 1200HP test car uses the Magnaflow with 2" American Racing headers.
HEADERS - The highest quality and most powerful long tube headers we've tested are the American Racing 1 3/4" and 2". The 1 3/4 headers made 40HP on the engine dyno. Be sure you have an experienced and reputable tuner re-tune the car. Chassis dyno tests are upcoming.
IGNITION - Stock works just fine to 20psi. Above 20psi, we recommend the Kenne Bell BOOST-A-SPARK.
CLUTCH - Centerforce dual disk for high HP applications. Their new clutch system was developed on our Mr. Norm Challenger. Handles 100HP and pedal is easy to depress.
TRANSMISSION - After 550HP, automatic trans needs the shifts firmed up with a valve body kit. HP begins to overpower the trans. At 950HP, it failed and was upgraded by Paramount Performance. It's now working well at 1000HP.
TORQUE CONVERTER - Keep the lock up unless you choose to give up 50HP. We use only Precision Industries lock up converters with stock stall speed on the Dodges.
DODGE 6.1 vs. SHELBY GT 5.4 - With the same cfm rated Kenne Bell 2.8H MAMMOTH™ Inlet System on both 100% stock engines and the same manual trans, boost, AFR and optimized timing (tune), the Dodge will outpower the 5.4 Ford by 65HP at all engine speeds.
TECH SUPPORT- All our people are knowledgeable and experienced. They tell it like it is. There’s no B.S. And they’ll NEVER recommend something you don’t need.
BREATHERS - Valve cover breathers required at high HP levels to avoid gasket damage/leakage and oil flow by into inlet system.
DO NOT . . .
DO NOT use any underhood filter, shrouded or un-shrouded. Voids your KB warranty. Hot underhood air heats the air, reduces HP and increases detonation and the possibility of engine damage. Note: “Shrouds” allow hot air to be sucked in around the gaps. And the filter runs “hotter” under the hood. And never assume 100% outside air magically finds it’s way through the front end openings and into the filter.
DO NOT install covers or shrouds over supercharger.
DO NOT modify knock sensor calibration.
DO NOT use a “tail pipe sniffer” AFR device under any circumstances.
DO NOT change rear end gear ratio.
DO NOT change, modify or replace any kit components including throttle body.
DO NOT re-tune kit - unless modifying the kit with larger injectors, throttle body, gears, headers, cams, etc. Kenne Bell offers NO custom tuning.
DO NOT change stock cam. Dodge’s Speed Density system relies on vacuum and rpm for engine operation. Cams LOWER vacuum. Your WORST nightmare. Cams are for all out racing only. Very difficult to calibrate for street use.
Copyright © 2011 Kenne Bell, Inc. All Rights Reserved
NEW HI DENSITY CORE (LEFT) VS. STANDARD CORE (RIGHT)
EXCLUSIVE HI DENSITY INTERCOOLER
Bigger and more is better. 20% larger Kenne Bell Hi Density Intercooler concept uses 30% more cooling rows and fins for increased cooling efficiency.
1147 CFM/90MM “reduction plate” for stock throttle body upgrade to 1880 cfm / 148mm or up to 2350 CFM throttle bodies on same manifold with larger “plate.” That’s 1200 + HP.
Can a front inlet match THIS?
Note: All Kenne Bell Camaro, Hemi and Ford Mammoth Kits (8-26psi) utilize the same huge 1400 HP rated “rear inlet” manifolds fed by equally large 4.5” Ram Air Pipes.